QuickBooks users who use multi-user mode at work will know how frustrating it can be to have connectivity problems. Some external or internal glitches can cause workstations to lose connection with the company file on the server computer. This causes the application to stop working and interrupts your work schedule. These issues can be fixed with the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool, although it requires a complex installation process and involves many technical terms. We will now simplify it all.
What are the utilities has QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool?
These are the three utilities that this tool includes:
- The Diagnose Connection tab: This tab helps to resolve problems related to multi-user mode, which prevents users from accessing company files.
- Status of Firewall: It detects and corrects problems with Windows Firewall.
- It’s used to test connectivity between the company file server and the workstation that is connected to it.
Steps to use the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Start the Task Manager, and close all QuickBooks processes.
- Move to your desktop and double-click the QuickBooks icon. Then, choose Utilities.
- Select Repair File, then Network Issues, and click Yes.
- Open the QuickBooks company file folder and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the drop-down and select your issue. Enter your login details.
- Wait for quickbooks connection diagnostic tool to resolve the issue.
- Reboot your computer and open QuickBooks to continue using the application.
How do you perform the connection diagnosis through QuickBooks Connection Diagnostics Tool?
To correct the error using the connection diagnostic tool, follow the steps below:
- All QuickBooks processes can be stopped using the Task Manager.
- Double-click the QB Desktop icon.
- Click on Utility to select Repair.
- Select Network Issues and then click on Yes to proceed.
- Navigate to the folder in which your company file is located by clicking on Open.
- Select Show Advanced Options to select the issue you are interested in from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your QuickBooks login ID password and choose the QB Connect Diagnostic Tool.
- Allow the tool to fix any issues in your company file.
- Reboot your computer and go on with your work.
How can you resolve errors with QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool?
Here are some issues you can resolve using the connection diagnostic tool from QuickBooks
- All connectivity errors in QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- QuickBooks 6000-series of errors such as 6150, 6200-82, 6000-302, 6147, 6103, 6147 and 6103.
- QB Database Server Manager errors, like H101, H303, H202, and H505.
- Windows Firewall port issues
- Windows Registry damaged files
- The missing QB files can cause problems with the connection to the workstations.
What are the Common QuickBooks Installation Problems?
The following are the most common mistakes that occur when installing QuickBooks accounting software:
- Error 1402
- Error 1603
- Error 1935
- Error 1722
- Error 1903
- Error: A pop-up message appears saying, “QuickBooks has stopped functioning” while you open the application.
- Errors in Microsoft.NET Framework
- Errors highlighted MSXML and C++ damaged MSXML
These errors can all be fixed using the quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
UPDATE with the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool!
The tool was discontinued by QuickBooks in 2019 along with other error-solving utilities. These tools have been combined into one solution for all QB errors- the QuickBooks Tool hub. The advantages of the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool can be accessed through the Network Problems tab.