At some events, you may find your hp printer in offline mode. This can either be done by you or may arise due to misconfiguration. If the first case is not true, you may not know now why your HP printer is offline? It gets annoying when you keep trying, and nothing works. So is your printer broken? No, it isn’t! Indeed, there is an issue that you have to figure out, but this doesn’t refer to a broken printer.
Here, we’ll help you find the cause of the issue and provide you with an HP printer offline fix.
What May Cause Your HP Printer Offline Issue?
Following the possibilities that might have sent your printer to an offline state. If you can relate to any of these, finding a hp printer fix will be easy.
- Not receiving the power supply
- The cables connections are either loose or are damaged
- Forget to update printer drivers to the latest release
- Incorrect Printer spooler settings
- Your printer is not set as the default
- The printer installation is incomplete or has some issues
- Pending print jobs
Please don’t give any print commands when your hp printer is offline. It may accumulate printing jobs in the queue, triggering another printing issue.
What Are the Ways to Fix HP Printer Offline Issue?
You can try multiple methods and see if it fixes the offline printer issue. You can follow the chronological order or pick any of these.
1. Turn Off ‘use Offline Mode’ In the Printer
On your printer settings, you must check if your printer is in offline mode. If so, here’s how you can change the settings:
- Tap on the Start
- Head to the Settings
- Select Devices from the menu and choose Printers and Scanners.
- Then, tap on your printer to see if it has pending jobs.
- Choose the Open queue
- On the new window, tap on the Printer
- If you see the Use Printer Offline selected, remove the tick and check the printer status.
- If still the same, select and then again deselect the option and check again.
- On the search bar, type the control panel and open it.
- Select the Devices and Printers
- Find your printer from the available devices.
- Right-click on your printer to check if Use Printer Offline is selected.
- If yes, deselect it.
2. Configure Printer As the Default
Such a situation appears when you have more than one printer. In that case, you should check the settings and set the printer (you have an issue with) as the default printer.
- On the search bar, type settings and open the app.
- Select Devices and tap on the Printers and Scanners
- Now, select your HP printer.
- Tap Open queue, and a new window will appear.
- Select the Printer
- Choose the option Set your Printer as default from the menu.
3. Remove Pending/Failed Jobs In Printing Queue
Still, the HP printer is offline? Then, select the Print Queue option and clear the pending/failed print jobs. This may help you get your printer back online.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type command in the search bar.
- Now, right-tap on the command prompt and Run as administrator.
- Type “net stop spooler” on the black window and hit enter.
- Type a command string “del%system%\system32\spool\printers\*/Q” and hit the enter button.
- Again type “net start spooler” and tap Enter.
- It will clear any printing job in the queue.
- To leave the cmd windows, type Exit and hit the enter button.
4. Check Your Printer Spooler Service
Restart your printer settings, which may help you resolve the printing issue on your printer.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msc and press the ok button.
- Scroll down to the Services window and select Print Spooler.
- Right-click on it to select Print Spooler.
- Select Stop and wait for some time.
- Again right, click on the print spooler to tap the Start
- Lastly, restart your printer and computer. It should change the HP printer offline status to online.
5. Update Printer Driver
When was the last time you updated your HP printer driver? If you don’t remember, no worries! You can check for the new updates and, if available, install them using these steps below:
- Open the run dialog box.
- Type msc and press ok.
- On the Device Manager window, select the printers
- Locate your printer and right-click to select the Update
- Choose automatic update.
- If it shows any, tap to install them.
- After that, restart your printer and check your printer status.
There are some quick methods to resolve the hp printer offline issue. We hope this guide will help you understand its causes and be insightful. If you still get stuck at any stage, we are here to help you. Contact us, and our experts will assist you!