Sometimes your upholstered furniture may face food stains, drink spills, debris, and dust, or your pets can also make them dirty. Regular cleaning of these upholstered products will help you maintain the appearance of your upholstery. But in such a cleaning case, you have to use some sort of upholstery cleaner, which tends to be very expensive.
In order to give you a budget-friendly solution, we are here with a secret recipe by which you can easily prepare a homemade cleaning solution for your sofa upholstery in Dubai. This DIY solution is very simple and does not require any expensive ingredients either. You only have to grab some regular usage items from your pantry and make an upholstery cleaner fit for almost all types of fabrics.
Steps To Follow For Preparing Homemade Upholstery Cleaning Solution
For most DIYers, this technique will be very helpful as they prefer making and doing everything on their own. Preparing a cleaning solution for your upholstered furniture items is not a Herculean task. Some items of regular use from your home and pantry will be sufficient in order to make an effective and easy-to-use upholstery cleaning solution.
Let us move forward without wasting a single second of time and have a quick look at the whole preparation procedure of our secret upholstery cleaning solution. But before heading towards the preparation step, the following is the list of things that you will require.
To make a homemade upholstery cleaning solution, you will require the below-listed tools and ingredients.
- Soft-bristled cleaning scrub brush
- Microfiber cloths
- Spraying Bottles
- Buckets or large bowls for mixing
- Whisk or electric mixer
- A vacuum cleaner having upholstery attachments
- Masking tape and permanent marker for labelling
- Liquid soap
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
- White Vinegar (distilled)
- Dishwashing liquid soap
- Isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
Preparing Cleaning Solution For Leather Upholstery
If you want to maintain the looks of your leather sofa or other leather upholstered furniture items, then regular cleaning with appropriate cleaners is very necessary. In the market, there are several leather upholstery cleaners present, but at high rates.
So to overcome this problem, we have bought you a homemade upholstery solution for cleaning leather. The following are the steps to prepare leather upholstery cleaning solutions. But never clean suede or natural leather upholstery on your own, as it is to be cleaned by a professional only.
- First, fill the spray bottle with 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar. Then label this bottle as a leather upholstery conditioner and cleaner solution, as the cleaner is ready.
- Before using this solution every time, shake the bottle perfectly in order for all the ingredients to get mixed thoroughly.
- Then spray a little bit of solution on your leather sofas or other leather furniture and wipe them using a microfiber cloth to remove dust particles.
- Now grab a dry microfiber cloth and buff the targeted area, as it will restore the shine and remove streaks as well. Olive oil will make the surface of leather supple and shiny.
Preparing Cleaning Solution For Faux Leather & Fabric Upholstery
This cleaning solution is preferred to be used for linen, cotton, and other types of blended fabrics that are mostly used in outdoor fabrics. If you have vinyl or faux leather upholstery, you can still use this solution as it will assist you in cleaning it and give it a new, refreshed appearance too.
The following are the steps involved in the preparation and use of this extremely powerful homemade upholstery cleaning solution. Let us have a quick look at them for better guidance and learn the procedure for their making and usage as well.
- First, fill a spray bottle with 1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar and a single teaspoon of liquid soap. One full cup of warm water is added to the spray bottle then.
- Do not forget to label the spray bottle so you will have the hassle of using your prepared solution.
- Prior to using this solution, clean your upholstery with the help of a vacuum cleaner to remove the possible amount of dust.
- Now spray the cleaner from the spray bottle and try to start from the top of your furniture item.
- Always clean in the form of small spots and blot the solution in a downward direction with the help of a microfiber cloth. Scrub the stubborn stains if required.
- To give your upholstery a final wipe, lightly dampen a microfiber cloth with clean water and rinse the affected area. Allow your fabric to dry in the natural air.
The Final Words!
Most homeowners find themselves in a hot potato while choosing the right cleaning products for their upholstered furniture items. These commercial cleaning products and solutions are very expensive and increase the maintenance value of your furniture on a serious note as well. So, to overcome this situation, you must have knowledge of making DIY cleaning solutions for upholstery fabrics.
In order to give you complete guidance about preparing homemade upholstery cleaner, we have given all the possible details in the above piece of writing. And we believe that now you can prepare an effective upholstery cleaner on your own and can use it without any hassle as well. So, by following our recipes, you can save a lot of money also. We wish you a happy cleanup!